Portable Water Dispensing Made Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

euclid43

I am involved in a water mill project that intends to make assembling and operating water dispensing unit electrically easy to install and operate everywhere (portable). My plan is to have the future sites establish a disconnect at the new location with adequate power (100 amp). These locations could have SO cords with strain relief and twist lock connection ready for hookup. Other than cords being subject to damage, GFCI's, and weatherproofing are there any limitations to the use of temporary setups like this that can handle single phase use in a commercial setting? I want to compare this proto-type to perhaps a mobile home or trailer park connection..... any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

kwired

Electron manager
Are you talking about portable water purification equipment that can be brought in after a disaster or something like that?

If not what are we talking about?

If so, consider that often after such disasters there is no power either.

euclid43

Let's assume there's power available -- and this particular project is for walmart and 7 eleven vendors that have the customer base to test this. By the way, I am in the process of linking a solar system to this also, but that's another day and topic.

PetrosA

I think at 100A you're going to need a pin and sleeve type connection. Twist-loc only goes up to 60A IIRC. This ain't gonna be a cheap setup.

Grainger prices (hard to find anywhere else)

100A 3 pole 4 wire receptacle (HBL4100RS2W) - $642 ($646 amazon.com)
100A 3 pole 4 wire plug (HBL4100PS2W) - $761 ($765.95 amazon.com)

I found the amazon prices later. First time I've seen their prices higher than grainger's ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.