Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NEC PDF or EBook

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
    I think Teor was talking about changes from the 2014 to the 2017
    Sorry, most of my description of the E book was response to Jumper's question in post 2.

I described what they had for 2014, outside of code itself I can not tell you if they made any changes for the 2017 E book or for the PDF for that matter.

Im curious. Is pdf a type of ebook? I think is a generic term. Electronic book. It could be in any format, as long as it is softcopy.
    If the file is secured, we cant edit it, which means, we cannot put highlights, comments, and others..

Sent from Mars

Quote Originally Posted by rian0201 View Post
    Im curious. Is pdf a type of ebook?
    https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/why-...adobe-pdf.html

Haha.. I know what pdf is. But is it an ebook? How about epub? That is why i said ebook is a generic term. It could be pdf or not, as long as it is electronic.

You might say, how about doc word?..well, for me, if it is a book, then it is an ebook, simple, electronic book. Thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by rian0201 View Post
    Haha.. I know what pdf is. But is it an ebook? How about epub? That is why i said ebook is a generic term. It could be pdf or not, as long as it is electronic.

You might say, how about doc word?..well, for me, if it is a book, then it is an ebook, simple, electronic book. Thats it.
    For me a pdf is a specific format of the NEC, it is not fancy, it is simply a pdf copy of the printed NEC. No more no less.

In some years they only offered electronic books that where not pdf, in my opinion they where clunky formats made to prevent copying and disturbing the NEC.

Personally I prefer a basic pdf format.

Quote Originally Posted by iwire View Post
    For me a pdf is a specific format of the NEC, it is not fancy, it is simply a pdf copy of the printed NEC. No more no less.

In some years they only offered electronic books that where not pdf, in my opinion they where clunky formats made to prevent copying and disturbing the NEC.

Personally I prefer a basic pdf format.
    I agree, but.. If it is simply printed copy highlighting text wouldnt be easy (considering the file is not secured).

If is a pdf file, you place comments, highlight texts add bookmarks and you could search the text within the file.

Kind of a resurrection but still relevant.

I bought the 2017 NEC handbook in ebook form today. The tables are HORRIBLE to try to read/use. It is terrible on a PC and a Tablet. I basically flushed 185.00 down the toilet today.

NE (9.1 miles @5.07 Degrees from Winged Horses)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logosi View Post

I bought the 2017 NEC handbook in ebook form today. The tables are HORRIBLE to try to read/use. It is terrible on a PC and a Tablet. I basically flushed 185.00 down the toilet today.
    Thank you. Info that is needed.
    Tom
    TBLO

Quote Originally Posted by Logosi View Post

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by iwire View Post
    Thanks.
    I hope you meant that as thanks for letting us know.
    I will have achieved my life's goal if I die with a smile on my face.