Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lighting a Family Room

That is a family room for one large family!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Very nice!
    You make the lights come on and we make them go off.

Quote Originally Posted by brantmacga View Post
    Here is that ceiling finished...... its variable temperature LED, and you manually adjust via a wall controller to the temp you want; soft white or bright white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice. How many man hours would you estimate on the whole ceiling: from talking to the customer, design, looking up and procuring parts, and installation?
    Electricians do it until it Hertz!

Do all those sliding doors retract into a big pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by mgookin View Post
    Where do you see sliding doors? Except for the one swinging door at the extreme left and maybe others we can't make out I think it's a glass wall.

Yes all of that opens; it's a panoramic door. The end sections will open like a standard door.

Each section pivots in the center and then slides to the end. Overall length is 36'.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JFletcher View Post
    Very nice. How many man hours would you estimate on the whole ceiling: from talking to the customer, design, looking up and procuring parts, and installation?
    There was no conversation really on the sales end. I've built multiple houses with this customer, and he expects things like this.

I just asked the trim carpenter to drop the crown and give me a ledge.

I sent the dimensions and specs of what I wanted to the supplier and they provided the take-off of what to order.

I did the installation myself, and it took me 2 hours; roughly an hour to install the LED's and run the wiring, and the rest of the time was spent in the attic installing and connecting the drivers and dimming modules.

If this were a more typical customer, I'd expect to spend 4 hours of my time back and forth with the customer, providing and quoting options. That plus the install, call it a solid day.

Quote Originally Posted by brantmacga View Post
    Yes all of that opens; it's a panoramic door. The end sections will open like a standard door.

Each section pivots in the center and then slides to the end. Overall length is 36'.

Well, color me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    Well, color me wrong.

This is Florida, where everyone aspires to have "a room without a roof" as the song goes...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JRMOMjCoR58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/JRMOMjCoR58

Lighting a Family Room

This is Florida, where everyone aspires to have "a room without a roof" as the song goes...

https://youtu.be/JRMOMjCoR58
    Here's a pic from outside that door ...... we just finished the wiring for outdoor kitchen a couple of weeks ago. There is a small TV out here, but that door opens completely to entertain and allow you to see the 120" black diamond projection screen. There is also infrared heaters for "winter".

I did take the WP covers off the receps after inspection but those are WR receps at least. We put the Control4 nickel plates on so it would match the rest of the house.

The receps down low on the wall are Arlington In-Boxes though so if they hose it down, those are protected.