grounding handout

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I'm working on a service panel upgrade handout, for the general public (homeowners are allowed to do any work they want on their homes here in CA) and I need a grounding page, something showing the two required ground rods. The pic I have is old and not up to the new code. Do any of my fellow inspectors have something they use or any of the teachers have a good pic? I tried to copy the pic out of the Analysis of changes, but it comes out very dark and has more info than they probably need.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Have you looked at Mike's free stuff?

1113920864_2.jpg

http://www.mikeholt.com/freegraphics.php?id=gvb

scott thompson

Regarding "Grounding Handout Bulletin"

Regarding "Grounding Handout Bulletin"

John,

I could draw something for you via AutoCAD, then Plot the drawing as a PDF.

Contact me (PM or E-mail) if needed.

--Scott (EE)

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
I actually have that one sitting on my desk right now. I just can't get it to fit the format of the handout, but I may have to settle. I also need to be able to add text to it, the minimum 6' apart.

If you have access to a machine running something below Windows 7 (Vista or XP) you can download a free LEGAL copy of Acrobat 8 Pro and use the mark up tools to put anything you want on the graphic after you import it.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
People in CA must be smarter than people in MI.

We have the homeowner's rule as well, but after seeing the kind of work they do here, I would never support the idea of or be a part of a a service upgrade done by a homeowner.

If I remember, I will ask the inspector today what his experiences are with homeowner performed service work.

Status
Not open for further replies.