Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: van vs truck

Quote Originally Posted by iwire View Post
    I carried a 30' aluminum pole on a van roof rack. It had been hit by a truck and was laying in a customers parking lot.

I would not have tried that with the wood pole in your picture.
    Well you know how I'm all about pushing the limits, not following rules, and doing ridiculous things .....I did move a 45 foot utility pole with my '86 dodge 250, no trailer. Made a cradle that bolted to the front bumper and another that bolted into the bed. It was a sight. I do have a picture but I am away and do not have access to it at the moment.
    Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Quote Originally Posted by iwire View Post
    Rookie.

Iwire,where do you put a temp pole on that thing???? But its pretty cool!!

It really boils down to what will work best for your line of work. For me vans work the best as we are more of a service oriented company. For someone else, a pick works better or a boom truck.

A van. We have both vans and trucks. In the process of selling our last truck to purchase another van. We have been buying the Nissan NV1500. They are cheap, 100,000 mile warranty, come outfitted with cargo bin package, and the guys are stoked they get a new vehicle. We do new construction, lots of service work, commercial and resi. it works great for all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rippledipple View Post
    Iwire,where do you put a temp pole on that thing???? But its pretty cool!!
    Thats a nice ride. I really needed 4 wheel drive so a van was out - unless Im behind the times. Is anyone offering a 4 wheel drive van? I know there are those 4 wheel drive aftermarket conversions people do, a friend of mine has one.
    Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"