POWER SAVER GREEN OUTLET

Status
Not open for further replies.

domnic

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
You plug this in a outlet and then plug the window ac in it they say this saves you money. do they work for my home.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
That exact phrase came up empty in a Google Search (no relevant links) except for a reference to the ElectricSaver Power Saver 1200 outlet. That one is a standard power factor correction capacitor scam.
Although power factor correction may make sense for some commercial/industrial users, I have yet to see anything offered for residential use that was not a scam.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Total scam. If you have a burning desire to spend money for nothing, just send it to me. I will at least be honest with you up front that I will not give you anything of value for it. That should be worth something, which is better than what these scam artists do for you.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You plug this in a outlet and then plug the window ac in it they say this saves you money. do they work for my home.

DHposter15418481.jpg

Total scam, beaten to death in this forum and many others. A little research would serve you well, but if after all of that you still want to believe in magic fairy dust and you have a burning desire to shed some excess money, let me know and I'll get you my PayPal info so that you can send it to me directly. I'll be honest and tell you up front that you will get nothing tangible for the money, but that is at least better than those scam artists.

In fact, whatever they are going to soak you for that worthless box, I'll do it for half of that amount of money, then you don't have to bother with hooking up a worthless box! Now THAT is a bargain!

kwired

Electron manager
I can market an outlet that is guaranteed to save on energy bill for anything plugged into it, but can not promise you anything plugged into the receptacle will work:happyyes:

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
Total scam. If you have a burning desire to spend money for nothing, just send it to me. I will at least be honest with you up front that I will not give you anything of value for it. That should be worth something, which is better than what these scam artists do for you.

But honesty is not the policy for greenies. It's only about perception. The magic box gives you the ability to think you have done something good and therefore you feel good.

So my offer, I will give you a green box that says right on it that this may help the environment and possibly reduce electrical usage. Inside the welded sealed box, well that is proprietary. I get rich, the greenies feel good; WIN - WIN!!!!

Besoeker

But honesty is not the policy for greenies. It's only about perception. The magic box gives you the ability to think you have done something good and therefore you feel good.

So my offer, I will give you a green box that says right on it that this may help the environment and possibly reduce electrical usage. Inside the welded sealed box, well that is proprietary. I get rich, the greenies feel good; WIN - WIN!!!!
Wrong g-word.
Try gullible.

domnic

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
power saver

power saver

Please go to power saver 1200 and tell me what you think?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Please go to power saver 1200 and tell me what you think?
Been there. Learned nothing unexpected.
For residential use it is a total swindle.
For commercial use if POCO charges a low PF penalty it might actually eventually pay for itself. But it will over or under correct depending on what loads are turned on at any given time.

The residential simulation used an unloaded motor, so the PF was at its absolute worst. Sure it cut the amps from POCO in half, but that would not have changed the watts as measured with a POCO watt hour meter or a Kill-A-Watt (TM) plug in meter one bit. (Well, it actually could increase them very slightly under some circumstances.)

The actual residence installation with the measured PF of .05 is an anomaly, with the meter probably wired incorrectly, or maybe the only load being a very efficient transformer with no load at all on the secondary.

Exactly as stated by everyone from the start: for a residence, it will not save any money at all and is a total rip off.

(PS: did you notice in the demo that the neutral lead was landed on the "ground bar". If that was not actually the service panel with ground and neutral bonded, you have a very much non-code installation! And probably unsafe too.)

NO MATTER HOW HARD I BEAT THIS HORSE, IT JUST REFUSES TO GET UP. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.