Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: 2020 NEC Code Cycle CMP Reorganization

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,686
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterTheNEC View Post
    Sure....what part are you concerned about. Just some shuffling of panels and reorganization. Combining of a few panels that seems to end their development meetings sooner than others due to lower PI and/or PC loads.
    But why are they doing all this? What problem are they trying to solve?
    What is esoteric knowledge today will be common knowledge tomorrow.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    1,279
    Some panels needed 3 days and some only half a day. So when they looked at the loads it made better sense to combine a few and to move some articles from one panel to another.....in an attempt to make the meetings smoother.

    Comments based on the 2017 National Electrical Code.
    *All code responses are based on the 2017 National Electrical Code[NEC]

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,686
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterTheNEC View Post
    Some panels needed 3 days and some only half a day. So when they looked at the loads it made better sense to combine a few and to move some articles from one panel to another.....in an attempt to make the meetings smoother.

    Comments based on the 2017 National Electrical Code.
    I'll take your word then.
    What is esoteric knowledge today will be common knowledge tomorrow.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    1,279
    Don't start now.....ask NFPA

    Comments based on the 2017 National Electrical Code.
    *All code responses are based on the 2017 National Electrical Code[NEC]

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    1,279
    But actually one of my employees was on one of those panels and that is what they told him. He reapplied and is now on the combined panel representing the Aluminum Association.

    Comments based on the 2017 National Electrical Code.
    *All code responses are based on the 2017 National Electrical Code[NEC]

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,686
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterTheNEC View Post
    Don't start now.....ask NFPA

    Comments based on the 2017 National Electrical Code.
    I figure you would be more open then they are
    What is esoteric knowledge today will be common knowledge tomorrow.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,686
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterTheNEC View Post
    But actually one of my employees was on one of those panels and that is what they told him. He reapplied and is now on the combined panel representing the Aluminum Association.

    Comments based on the 2017 National Electrical Code.
    Is your particular panel making any changes?
    What is esoteric knowledge today will be common knowledge tomorrow.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    1,279
    Nope...17 and 5 are remaining intact.

    Comments based on the 2017 National Electrical Code.
    *All code responses are based on the 2017 National Electrical Code[NEC]

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,686
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterTheNEC View Post
    Nope...17 and 5 are remaining intact.

    Comments based on the 2017 National Electrical Code.
    Got it

    Already curious about the 2020 addition.
    What is esoteric knowledge today will be common knowledge tomorrow.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    60,020
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrooke View Post
    Got it

    Already curious about the 2020 addition.
    Are you aware the CMP members and the articles they work on are all listed in the front of the NEC?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •