Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: College

College

I want to go to college but I don't know if I should do Electrcial engineer or Electrical engineer technology

Electrical engineer technology, more hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by JoelP View Post
    I want to go to college but I don't know if I should do Electrcial engineer or Electrical engineer technology
    I'll just say that if you decide on Electrical Engineering you'll need to be a dedicated motivated student with good study habits to get through it. It's a very challenging field of study, but nothing worth a damn comes easy.

Do you have some good idea of the kind of work you would like to do? Do you see yourself as more of a hands-on person or do you like to work with more abstract "big picture" concepts?

Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    Do you have some good idea of the kind of work you would like to do? Do you see yourself as more of a hands-on person or do you like to work with more abstract "big picture" concepts?
    I want work with distributing the power in a power station

Quote Originally Posted by ggunn View Post
    I'll just say that if you decide on Electrical Engineering you'll need to be a dedicated motivated student with good study habits to get through it. It's a very challenging field of study, but nothing worth a damn comes easy.
    Thank you

I want work with distributing the power in a power station
    OK, so do you want to be the foreman running the power gang, or do you want to be designing the bus ducts, wireways, duct banks, cable runs, etc?

I have what amounts to an ET degree, for me it's toilet paper since I have been doing electrical work ever since and have never once used my degree for a job. That being said, if you like designing stuff, go for the EE degree. If you want to be hands on, the ET degree is better.

Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    OK, so do you want to be the foreman running the power gang, or do you want to be designing the bus ducts, wireways, duct banks, cable runs, etc?
    what is the difference between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by peter d View Post
    I have what amounts to an ET degree, for me it's toilet paper since I have been doing electrical work ever since and have never once used my degree for a job. That being said, if you like designing stuff, go for the EE degree. If you want to be hands on, the ET degree is better.
    I want to do more of the design aspect