My Cuisinart Toaster Oven heat coil warped and eventually pulled out of the termination socket which in turn touched the metal case on the inside thereby energizing the entire toaster oven with 120V to ground. This was plugged directly into a GFCI outlet that had the green light lite showing that the GFCI should have been good. While visiting, my sister-in-law was making toast and touched the metal case of the toaster oven and the metal frame of the stove that was right next to the toaster oven. She received a shock because there was 120V between the case of the toaster oven and the metal frame of the stove. Shouldn't the GFCI has tripped? It is my understanding that when she received the shock, current would have come through the ungrounded conductor and b/c it returned through her and the metal of the stove (Equipment Grounding Conductor), the GFCI should have tripped b/c the current did not come back through the neutral conductor and the GFCI should have seen this differential?