Thread: 1200a mullti tenant gutter

1200a mullti tenant gutter

There is a 1200a 480v 3phase multi tenant gutter with multi tap box feeding 3 customers. The new customer will be servicing off that tap box. Would the power company turn off power to whole gutter or does the service need to be installed live by EC?

Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min without traffic from winged horses.
    There are gutter taps that can splice onto a live conductor, I've never used them. In my town it would be a call to the poco and at least twenty four hours notice to everybody who's getting their power interupted.
    Once in a while you get shown the light
    In the strangest of places if you look at it right. Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ActionDave View Post
    There are gutter taps that can splice onto a live conductor, I've never used them. In my town it would be a call to the poco and at least twenty four hours notice to everybody who's getting their power interupted.
    Im sorry its a service cable tap box 3 bus bars for all 3 phases plus neutral for multitenant buildings. Im asking if someone has worked on these and what usually the process.

Huntington Beach, CA (19 Hrs. 22 Min. from Winged Horses)
    ~New signature under construction.~
    ~~~~Please excuse the mess.~~~~

Many year ago, I did a tenant finish in a mall building. The service was fed from the POCO's SDE (Service Distribution Enclosure). The property owner got involved and asked me to coordinate the service connection with the utility and an EC who was also doing TI (Tenant Improvement) in the same building.

If the two EC's could work during the same outage, the other businesses would not be as inconvenienced. However, during the scheduled outage that every customer had been notified about, almost every customer came over and complained to the utility's linemen.

My advice to the OP would be to have the utility turn off the power. Do not work this hot.