Improve the "quality" of residence's ground question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
The first customer review is priceless:

some of the other reviews aren't too bad, either.....

"(If you're not spending at least $145 for a power cord to connect your stereo to this thing,
you're just wasting money....."

not wasting enough money is wasting money.

to fully utilize the potential of this hole in the wall the electrons flow from,
you really need a belgian heliowatt 2000 watt sensing capacitor, six lines of pure cocaine,
a pint of raw either, and a grapefruit. along with some allman brothers".

- with apologies to hunter s. thompson

Probably the best way to improve residential grounds is to cut the grass, haul away the junk and dead brush, and fix the cracks in the sidewalk. Removing the dead car from the yard helps, too.

(I dismayed that people actually buy multi-hundred dollar USB and fiber optic cables to connect their sound systems, but then we stopped teaching real science and critical thinking in schools years ago.)

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Are those black box networks in the photo really connected in series between four of the individual bare wire EGCs and the ground bar?
Wow!

Yes they are.:eek::eek: Its amazing what lies audio device makers push around. Even if those choke filter isolator thingies did do something they immediately bypass (become useless) when those grounds touch.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
... Even if those choke filter isolator thingies did do something they immediately bypass (become useless) when those grounds touch.
What provision of the code permits the use of that device? In, my opinion, the fact that the device is not listed in 250.118 prohibits the use of it.

electricalist

yes i think he realized its friday night and he is gonna get friday night answers....
if you want to improve quality grounding then you ll need me to get you an ISOLATED ground to everything that i land right where your original grounds were and you and me both will feel great ,,, me for the money i got for selling you the word ISOLATED,,,,,,,not sold in stores

but seriously a plumber told me if a spicket is on the side of the house thats my best first point of of attatchment because it will seldomly be disturbed even if all the plumbing under the house got ripped out..it is ran from main line in with a t that is reduced to 3/4 or 1/2 in.. if you take the screws that hold the spicket to the house out ,,it will pull towad you enough to put a c/w clamp..then put longer screws to resecure it....im not saying do it... i have once inspector looked at it and said whats that? ,, i said what isnt it ? he passed it.

Last edited:

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
yes i think he realized its friday night and he is gonna get friday night answers....
if you want to improve quality grounding then you ll need me to get you an ISOLATED ground to everything that i land right where your original grounds were and you and me both will feel great ,,, me for the money i got for selling you the word ISOLATED,,,,,,,not sold in stores

but seriously a plumber told me if a spicket is on the side of the house thats my best first point of of attatchment because it will seldomly be disturbed even if all the plumbing under the house got ripped out..it is ran from main line in with a t that is reduced to 3/4 or 1/2 in.. if you take the screws that hold the spicket to the house out ,,it will pull towad you enough to put a c/w clamp..then put longer screws to resecure it....im not saying do it... i have once inspector looked at it and said whats that? ,, i said what isnt it ? he passed it.

ISO grounds are useless. clear up the standing neutral ground faults and all improves:)

Status
Not open for further replies.