Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: exisiting 120/277v 2x4

Quote Originally Posted by iwire View Post
    I stand by what I said.
    And I can see your definition of "self tapping screw" to be the primary reason. I don't hold that against you

The code uses the term "thread forming" instead.

mobile

Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    And I can see your definition of "self tapping screw" to be the primary reason. I don't hold that against you
    I don't have any problem with my definitions or understanding of the code section.

Perhaps you have problem understanding what 'generally' means?

With all that you have said a handy box cover is to thin to tap threads into and be code compliant so thanks for the trip to nowhere.

I don't have any problem with my definitions or understanding of the code section.

Perhaps you have problem understanding what 'generally' means?

With all that you have said a handy box cover is to thin to tap threads into and be code compliant so thanks for the trip to nowhere.
    I can't recall ever attaching a grounding screw to a handibox cover, but thanks for the that information if it should ever come up.

Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    I can't recall ever attaching a grounding screw to a handibox cover, but thanks for the that information if it should ever come up.
    Thanks for letting me know what you can't recall.

From the opening post

Quote Originally Posted by mannyb View Post
    I was thinking of screwing a handy box cover with 1/2'' ko they self tapping a ground scew, what you think is this OK?

Thanks for letting me know what you can't recall.

From the opening post
    I lost track of some details in OP by now.

I guess we are supposed to re read OP before every post to make sure we are on topic

Michigan. It's a beautiful penninsula, I've looked around.
    Could these be used? I know they are a PITA, but they are a compliant means to attach a ground conductor without worrying about threads.

Cheers and Stay Safe,

Marky the Sparky

Quote Originally Posted by K8MHZ View Post
    Could these be used? I know they are a PITA, but they are a compliant means to attach a ground conductor without worrying about threads.

Yes

Nobody mentioned this, but it will draw 2.3 times the current. Is the branch sized generously enough that at 2.3 times, it stays under 80% rule?

I've never seen documented statement that 120-277v ballasts lock out, but that above would be a reason they might do so. Just depending on how loaded it was on 277v, running on 120v can leave the wiring at varying degree of overload.
    Last edited by Electric-Light; 02-28-17 at 04:50 PM.

I believe ground screw needs to be listed for such means. Example I've seen retrofit can light is supplied with a zinc green color tek screw included with the kit. It's kinda catch 22 because inspectors themselves don't know about this and almost always require documents for the screw or retro can light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk