Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Customer needs sconces switchable from 3 locations

NE (9.1 miles @5.07 Degrees from Winged Horses)
    Pdf is to large or you could all have had this brilliant masterpiece of programming for naught.
    Tom
    TBLO

We did the same thing in a masdter bedroom. We had chandelier, 3 rows of track - 2 switches, uplights and sconces. We put in a table top unit by the night table and added a keypad. All the switches were hidden in a closet area. We also added a remote switch.

Now then can turn on any combination of lights that they want and from the bedside they can do the same. There is also an all on and all off control on the keypad.

If they want a complex control scheme then they better be willing to pay for it. There is a reason handyman Joe can't figure out how to make it work the way they want it to.

170301-0906 EST

The original post and #6 do not provide a clear definition of the desired logic.

From post #1
    6 can lights total. Light 1, light2, light 4, controlled from first switch. Light 1, light2, light3 controlled by second switch . Only Light 4 controlled by 3rd switch.
    What is the definition of "switch"? I am reading this as singular. Then I make the assumption that this single switch is a SPDT center off with spring return to center.

Still from post #1.

All lights 1, 2, .... 4 are simultaneously turned on or off from switch A no matter what their previous state was.

All lights 1, 2, 3 .... are simultaneously turned on or off from switch B no matter what their previous state was.

Light ................ 4 is ....................... turned on or off from switch C no matter what its previous state was.

There are no lights 5 or 6.

This is an application for GE RR relays with appropriate logic. With reasonable probability they will have 50 year life even with most lightning storms.

From post #6 things have changed some.

All lights 1, 2, ... 4 ........ are simultaneously turned on or off from switch A no matter what their previous state was.

All lights 1, 2, ........ 5, 6 are simultaneously turned on or off from switch B no matter what their previous state was.

Light .................... 5 ... is turned on or off from switch C no matter what its previous state was.

Light ............ 3 ........... is not switched.

The only way to switch light 4 is from switch A, and light 6 from switch B, and light 3 can not be switched.

We need an accurate definition of the required logic.

Note: it is not necessary that the on and off function from a specific switch be the same for both on and off.

Last edited by gar; 03-01-17 at 11:01 AM.

mh lighting.pdfsee if this works
    Tom
    TBLO

Michigan. It's a beautiful penninsula, I've looked around.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptonsparky View Post
    OP. The drawing doesn't match with what you described in your first post.
    It sure doesn't.

It would be nice to know which one is the one the customer is asking for.
    Cheers and Stay Safe,

Marky the Sparky

170301-1121 EST

ptonsparky:

Light 6 in your drawing needs to be transitional for ON and OUT needs to change to SET.

I believe light 4 is only controlled by one switch in post #6.

Quote Originally Posted by gar View Post
    170301-1121 EST

ptonsparky:

Light 6 in your drawing needs to be transitional for ON and OUT needs to change to SET.

I believe light 4 is only controlled by one switch in post #6.

Well shucks, I owe you 20% of the profit for proofreading, but you get the general idea.
    Tom
    TBLO

Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    If you are doing what I think you are doing, you either need some relays, solid state logic relays, or even just some multipole switches and a little know how to draw up the logic needed.
    Why do that when there are ready made lighting control systems available?

Lutron Graffik Eye with keypads will allow you to select scenes or zones of light control. Expensive but should do what you want.