Thread: Marketing Question

Marketing Question

Hello. I'm new to this forum but after looking around for a bit, I can tell that there are a ton of people with experience and knowledge of this industry on here. So I'm going to throw this question out for the group...

What are the most successful ways some of you have marketed your business? We have a website, social media accounts, we're in the top 10 electricians on HomeAdvisor in our area, and were paying for online ads until recently. Any other ideas that have worked for you guys?

Thanks for any information you can share!

-Mark

Referrals from previous customers.
    Angie's List
    One of my best referral sources is from a plumbing contractor.
    Use your imagination.
    The sky and your wallet is the limit when it comes to marketing.

Welcome to the Forum!

Our estimator is in BNI (Business Networking International). We can track about $250K in business back to it so that is very worthwhile. It's a lot of work, but if you are outgoing and put the work in, it usually pays off. I used to be in a different chapter than the estimator and I had to drop out due to us being too busy.

If you're looking for residential, I've found realtors and home inspectors are great referal sources. I've done some Q&As and presentations for groups of them in the past and they love that. I have many that refer everything their homeowners want to us.

Also, Google reviews is very powerful. The trick is getting people to actually take the time to give you a review.