Thread: Reconnecting a Sentrol magnetic switch to door frame with ADT system

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reconnecting a Sentrol magnetic switch to door frame with ADT system

Our home has an ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 security system, with the front entry door having sentrol magnetic switch hard wired into the door frame (installed in 2009). We had the front door with frame replaced and want to reconnect the sensor to the new door frame. Unfortunately, we didn't think to photograph how the sensor was attached to the wires coming from the old door frame. The sensor has 2 unmarked, seemingly identical white wires but there are 4 wires coming from the door frame (red, black, yellow and blue). Does anyone know which 2 of the 4 colored wires should be connected to the 2 white sensor wires? And does it matter which white wire gets connected with the selected colored wires since they are unmarked and appear identical? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Last edited by ActionDave; 03-10-17 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Strip out ad link

Anybody?

I'm sorry. I thought I included a link to the switch's datasheet. Even though the datasheet says it's GE our switch says that it is Sentrol. Ours look exactly like the photo.

http://www.clrwtr.com/PDF/GE-Security/GE-1085-Surface-Mount-Magnetic-Contacts.pdf

You'll need to find the wires in the control panel and see which 2 are connected for that zone.

Then just connect them to the 2 white wires on the switch, you can't be wrong on which goes to which on the switch. It's just a make / break switch.

You can use two wires (and a resistor if applicable) or for a more secure option you connect for example red and green to the sensor and the yellow and black are wired together. Now by the panel you put the red and black to the zone/com and the resistor goes on the yellow and green.