Thread: Where do I find the FL law stating that a contractor must have a license to run wire?

Where do I find the FL law stating that a contractor must have a license to run wire?

Hi, I know that I have read it, but can't put my finger on the Florida law that clearly states that if a contractor runs ANY type of wire they must be licensed.
    I've been butting heads with unlicensed contractors who say they don't need one particularly when installing surveillance cameras.
    Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
    DBPR was absolutely useless in helping with this!

Thanks in advance!

-Richard

PS. It was actually written kind of ridiculous (in my opinion) even fiber optic which carries no voltage, and even irrigation companies are affected because they run the wire to a rain sensor! LOL
    Last edited by RichardthePhoneGuy; 03-10-17 at 07:18 PM.

Its totally a government jurisdiction issue. In some areas license requirements are almost non existent, in some very strict.
    A Fl contractor will likely post and shed light on laws in your area
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardthePhoneGuy View Post
    Hi, I know that I have read it, but can't put my finger on the law that clearly states that if a contractor runs ANY type of wire they must be licensed.
    I've been butting heads with unlicensed contractors who say they don't need one particularly when installing surveillance cameras.
    Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
    DBPR was absolutely useless in helping with this!

Thanks in advance!

-Richard
    It will typically be a state law governing contractor licensing. That will give a pretty comprehensive list of covered work types.
    It will not be found in any national code like the NEC, since NEC does not deal with licensing at all.

Try Googling your state name and "contractor license" Add in the work "requirement" if the first search does not get you where you need to be.

PS: Try http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr...lectrical.html
    Unfortunately it does not make the clear statement about "any wire" that you want. And then you would still have problems with wireless camera systems.

This is a duplicate question. Please go to http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=182591