Number of Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I made some about ten proposals (er Public Input) on Monday, Nov 3, the last was number 3348. Did anyone make a public input later in the week, what was the number?

Last edited:

fmtjfw

Nope, My numbers were way down, but I have an excuse

Nope, My numbers were way down, but I have an excuse

I'm shocked. I would have thought "fmtjfw" made that many :)

For about 1-? months before the deadline, I was feeling poorly. My vision was going crazy. My head got closer and closer to the screen and my distance vision was gone.

Finally the Sunday a week before the deadline, my wife suggested I test my glucose blood level. So I borrow her meter and get a reading of 525 -- must be a test error. Second test was 574.

So, in my PJ bottoms and a T-shirt I drive to the local "doc-in-a-box", go in, announce my test results and ask if they want to treat me or should I go to the ER? GO TO THE ER! was the reply.

Back into the car and drive to the hospital. Turn up the entrance road -- but no, this is the University, one street before the hospital (Things are a bit hazy). Leave University and take right road to Hospital. Go into the ER and announce 575 glucose level. Direct to bed, registration can wait.

IV saline solution, insulin .... Test results top out on 700's. Spend the night in ER.

Next day transferred to ICU. Spend a day there, readings now in 300's.

From ICU to a standard room. Several days there, now readings 100-200's.

Released -- drive home was much easier than drive to ER.

See personal Doc Friday before deadline. He suggests some dosage modifications.

Meanwhile wife digs out Diabetic Cookbooks and puts me on controlled rations: measuring portions and counting crackers.

So I only got a few days in this week before the deadline, missed out a week. Next time I'll take a laptop when I go to the ER and ICU.:roll:

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Your proposals are important, but your health is more so.
As a diabetic I can relate ... keep of close check on that critter.. it can be mean.

MasterTheNEC

CEO and President of Electrical Code Academy, Inc.
Occupation
CEO
I made some about ten proposals (er Public Input) on Monday, Nov 3, the last was number 3348. Did anyone make a public input later in the week, what was the number?
I have submitted 18 Public Inputs. My last one was on Nov 6 and it was number 4185.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
For me from the other thread:

The last one that I posted was less than 24 prior to the deadline and it was number 4314.

Subject:Public Input 4314 submitted for document 70-2014
Date:11/6/2014 7:11:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

MasterTheNEC

CEO and President of Electrical Code Academy, Inc.
Occupation
CEO
Thanks, this was my introduction to being diabetic. Quite a wakeup call.
I was diagnosed about two years ago.....it is an on-going struggle and sometimes I feel I am wining while other times it is very clear I am not. My father had it, my mother has it and well I was destine to receive it. I take 2,000 mg of Metformin daily but I still average around 170 for my blood sugar.

I know I have to do better...but man I just love them sweets.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
They extended the deadline? It would make sense since the site was essentially broken the complete weekend before the deadline.
The electronic deadline was always 5pm Eastern on Nov. 7th. The earlier deadline in October was for public inputs submitted by methods other than the online system. The electronic deadline matches the deadlines for previous code cycles...5pm Eastern on the first Friday in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.