1st Alert smoke alarm problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Is anyone experiencing problems with First Alert model # 7010B photoelectric smoke alarms ? I've already changed out 2 units at one residence and changed locations in the system as well. I have a green power LED and a flashing red LED (every minute) indicating that the unit is on 9V battery power. There is one PE unit, 3 ions and 2 combo units in the installation. I checked with my supplier and they've had no other reported problems. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I thought that combination of indicators meant that it is working properly on AC. Is there a misprint in the instructions you are using? Does the TEST button work properly?

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I'm sorry, I inadvertently omitted that it sends out 3 chirps at odd times. I wouldn't care if happened at say 3:00 PM but it often happens at 3:00 AM. Not always at the same time but often enough that it's annoying.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I'm sorry, I inadvertently omitted that it sends out 3 chirps at odd times. I wouldn't care if happened at say 3:00 PM but it often happens at 3:00 AM. Not always at the same time but often enough that it's annoying.
One unit only or are the three chirps interconnected?

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I'm going by what my customers tell me (they're elderly). The unit was originally in their bedroom so I changed it out with an ion and moved it downstairs. They claim it was the new one I installed downstairs. It didn't happen while I was there. I'm wondering if there is a loose splice somewhere that intermittently opens and closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.