Thread: PSEG Billing

PSEG Billing

I signed up for PSEG a year ago - and for some reason PSEG has been charging me their General rate and not Residential rate for the home.

Is there any recourse they have to pay me back for the premium I have been paying (avg. 33% more)

Did you bring this up to them? It seems if they were incorrectly charging you higher rates then they would be responsible but we are not lawyers here so I am not sure what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by henry.thomas5788 View Post
    I signed up for PSEG a year ago - and for some reason PSEG has been charging me their General rate and not Residential rate for the home.

Is there any recourse they have to pay me back for the premium I have been paying (avg. 33% more)
    I can't speak to PSEG's policies, which are surely set by state regulators. When I worked for the poco in Louisiana, the general rule was that we would go back as far as six months and repay any overbilling. It didn't happen often, but it happened.

Good luck dealing with PSE&G. It seems that you can never get past the first echelon of clerks in dealing with your problem. Just an FYI, when you finally get so frustrated that you can't take it any more, file a complaint with the NJ Public Utilities Commission http://www.bpu.state.nj.us/bpu/assistance/complaints/ . You'll get a call back from a supervisor at PSE&G. If you don't get any satisfaction, keep filing complaints.