I'm trying to make a case to someone as to why you would install multiple outlets in the wall versus using extension cords or power strips. I'm interested in getting peoples feedback on the pro's & con's of both scenarios. I've started a list below but am hoping to get insights from people who have more expertise and experience than myself. If you do have some input I'd love to have an idea of your background as well to be able to put some context/weight to your insights.
Pro's of Multiple Outlets
1) Power Strips & Extensions cords increase electrical resistance and potential overheating
2) Less of a tripping hazard
3) Aesthetically more pleasing with fewer cords on the floor
Con's of Multiple Outlets
1) Doesn't reach as far as an extension cord or power strip
2) Installation process is more cumbersome
Thanks in advance!