Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Residential service lateral

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2017

    Residential service lateral

    I am going to be getting quotes to install a 200 amp service lateral to a new home and I want to make sure the electricians will be providing adequate wire size. The 200 amp service will be ran underground in PVC conduit 350' from the transformer to the meter on the house. What size wire do you recommend?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Tennessee NEC:2008
    I would suggest you vet the electricians you hire or get quotes from. Make sure they are licensed and check references.

    With that said:

    I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

    This site is designed for:

    • Contractors
    • Electricians
    • Engineers
    • Inspectors
    • Instructors
    • Other electrically related individuals

    * This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
    If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

    A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the button at the bottom left corner of the post.
    If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts