Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That dreaded vaulted ceiling clearance

This is a sloped can .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

In architecture like this I have never seen can lights. Besides being the wrong choice it's just plain ugly. I've always seen pendent or chain hung fixtures, usually two rows, one row down each side. To augment that, it's usual to have track or separate flood fixtures on both beams up front to illuminate the altar.

-Hal

The problem with pendants is they will obstruct the view to the chancel area. This is a church but without the pews. It's more of a multi purpose room that on some occasions require more light than on a Sunday service. I'm going to sample a standard shallow housing with a Comercial Electric gimbal 835 lumens and then check my concerns which are heat and enough of a tilt to shine straight down. I will post some more pics to give a better idea of this space. They want a contemporary look at the end so maybe something surface mount can still work.

Pics to follow get ready to turn them to the right. Even if I send them already turned they come out turned again I have no idea why so sorry bout that. These two were taken yesterday standing on the chancel or stage area. They simply put out rows of chairs for the Sunday service. Other times for AA meetings or whatever it's wide open with tables set up and chairs per whatever the function is. Thx again I do appreciate the feedback any idea is a good one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4117.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	17105   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4116.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	17106  

Track lighting last resort trying not to end up there.

The problem with pendants is they will obstruct the view to the chancel area.
    How low do you think they need to be? Place them about where the present lighting is and let them hang maybe 3 feet. Can't be any worse than that duct work. Your biggest problem is going to be finding suitable fixtures that complement the space. You need to look at commercial lighting, Home Depot isn't going to cut it. You're probably going to save money because you're not going to need as many.

-Hal