Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Some one please explain the dangers in this practice

Quote Originally Posted by DBoone View Post
    If a frame has 120v on it wouldn't a person get shocked just by touching the frame while standing on the floor/ground?
    Kwired was talking about a wood floor, you would be isolated.

Quote Originally Posted by iwire View Post
    Kwired was talking about a wood floor, you would be isolated.

I have been standing on wood before, just the other day actually, and got tingled by 120v. It wasn't very bad but enough to get my attention. I always thought that wood isn't a perfect insulator so even standing on a wood floor on the second story of a house a person could feel a 120v shock.

NE (9.1 miles @5.07 Degrees from Winged Horses)
    I have been standing on wood before, just the other day actually, and got tingled by 120v. It wasn't very bad but enough to get my attention. I always thought that wood isn't a perfect insulator so even standing on a wood floor on the second story of a house a person could feel a 120v shock.
    How do you solve this?
    Tom
    TBLO

In theory you can feel a slight shock just from capacitive current if the voltage is high enough. You make a pretty good small value capacitor just standing in free space.