Thread: Accubid Change Order

Accubid Change Order

Are there any users of Accubid Change Order here?

Since they were acquired by Trimble, they raised the price of their yearly maintenance fee by almost 40%.
    This program has been unchanged for the last 10 years.
    I don't understand why they think it is justified to rais the price if they abandoned development of this program.

There is room for improvement in the report setup and printing part of this program.
    Tim
    Master Electrician
    New England
    Yesterday's Technology at Tomorrow's Prices

I've been looking to possibly switch software, Accubid being on that list, and you just talked me out of it.

We've had Conest for years, and as of right now I'm pretty unhappy with them.

They have a yearly maintenance fee, but it's not required to keep your licenses; it's required for updates and tech support. We didn't renew our maintenance this year because we don't need it. I've been having computer issues lately, and both our local IT company and Microsoft say my OS needs to be reinstalled. That's would be fine with me, but because the keys for Intellibid are entered remotely by Conest, it requires tech support to do so. I asked them if they would be willing to take 5 min and enter the key for me, and they refuse unless we pay maintenance fees on all our licenses. I offered to pay them for their time (5 minutes) to login to my machine and enter the key, and they basically told me to pound sand. The reality is that it's probably this way with everyone, and I've got so much time in this thing building my own assemblies, that we'll end up having to give them a couple grand to fix my computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I also had Conest, but after using Accubid I couldn't get used to how the database mixed items and assemblies in the same list.
    With Conest you can't make assemblies on the fly as easily as Accubid.

Dont get me wrong, I like Accubid, but the maintenance fee for a program that they stopped developing seems like a scam to me.

When I had Conest, like Accubid, you use a USB dongle for your security key. I never heard that they had to access your computer remotely.
    Tim
    Master Electrician
    New England
    Yesterday's Technology at Tomorrow's Prices

Accubid Change Order

I wish we had hasp keys; we've had it for maybe 5 years now and it's always been a remote login key entry.

Building assemblies is probably my biggest complaint; it takes me up to a half hour or more sometimes to build an assembly, and the formulas for automatically calculating materials aren't straightforward. I usually have to play with it a bit and test out formulas to make sure they do what I want. The easiest thing for me has been to find a similar assembly and copy/paste the formulas.

I have a lot of custom assemblies built over the years that could take me weeks to duplicate in another program, so I'm really on the fence about switching software.

As for the maintenance fees, I feel the same way with Conest. They've updated the software on a regular basis, but none of the updates seem to improve what I use it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.