Thread: Remote egress heads power supply

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Remote egress heads power supply

I'm working on a project where the owner has specified all the light fixtures and their exit signs do not have remote head capabilities. However, to satisfy NFPA 110, we have to provide egress lighting outside the egress doors. Is there a way to provide a power source for weatherproof, remote egress lamps without using an exit sign?

To further complicate matters, this building also has a generator that backs up the entire electrical service. Won't this make it so these remote heads never illuminate (because they will never sense a loss of normal power)? Is there another way to satisfy NFPA 110 requirement that I'm not thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    I'm working on a project where the owner has specified all the light fixtures and their exit signs do not have remote head capabilities. However, to satisfy NFPA 110, we have to provide egress lighting outside the egress doors. Is there a way to provide a power source for weatherproof, remote egress lamps without using an exit sign?

To further complicate matters, this building also has a generator that backups the entire electrical service. Won't this make it so these remote heads never illuminate (because they will never sense a loss of normal power)? Is there another way to satisfy NFPA 110 requirement that I'm not thinking of?
    Is there a separate transfer switch and distribution system for Article 700 loads.

I usually use an exterior fixture with battery back-up and two lamps.
    The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain

@dkidd...Yes, we have two transfer switches -- one for Article 700 loads and a second for everything else.

What type of exterior fixture do you use? Do you remote the battery back-up inside the building or is it low temp rated?

Thanks,

@dkidd...Yes, we have two transfer switches -- one for Article 700 loads and a second for everything else.

What type of exterior fixture do you use? Do you remote the battery back-up inside the building or is it low temp rated?

Thanks,
    I like these

http://www.acuitybrandslighting.com/...ts/wst-led.pdf
    The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain

Thanks,
    I'm a little confused here. If you have a qualified Art. 700 system, why are you also using unit type emergency lighting?

Remote egress heads power supply

Dual-Light makes what is basically an EBU without the heads, just a battery, that will power remote heads.

Spec sheet ..... select the "no head" option

http://cdn.dual-lite.com/content/pro...spec_sheet.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by brantmacga; 03-20-17 at 09:36 PM.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.