Thread: 100 amp single phase meter can for 10 AWG conductors?

100 amp single phase meter can for 10 AWG conductors?

Has anyone out there ever seen a 100 amp single phase meter can with lugs that can be used for 10 AWG conductors? The only ones I can find are rated for no smaller than 6 AWG. We need them for lake aerator services that only require one 30 amp circuit with no future load anticipated. So basically we are installing 30 amp 240 volt services for them.

http://www.cooperindustries.com/cont...ing/MTR-14.pdf

Pg 5 shows 100 amp #14-2/0 Cat # -011 Eaton
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by augie47 View Post
    http://www.cooperindustries.com/cont...ing/MTR-14.pdf

Pg 5 shows 100 amp #14-2/0 Cat # -011 Eaton
    Thank you sir! I really appreciate it!

Did you look, I think most 125 amp meter bases will accept down to 14 AWG conductors.

Most 200 amp bases will accept down to 6 AWG.

Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Did you look, I think most 125 amp meter bases will accept down to 14 AWG conductors.

I think he did, that was the reason he said "Thank you sir" to Gus.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post

Roger
    Sorry, but came across to me as though this was something hard to find, yet I have a feeling it is something hard not to find. Not too many set screw type lugs that are rated for 2/0 maximum that aren't rated for 14 AWG also.

Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post

I assumed he did since he said: The only ones I can find are rated for no smaller than 6 AWG.

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post

Roger
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by augie47 View Post
    I assumed he did since he said: The only ones I can find are rated for no smaller than 6 AWG.

Sort of let that fly over my head. Though I don't know if I ever seen one that wouldn't accept at least 10 AWG, but most likely 14 also. Jump to a 200 amp base and you are looking at 6 AWG as smallest acceptable conductor being pretty common I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
    Has anyone out there ever seen a 100 amp single phase meter can with lugs that can be used for 10 AWG conductors? The only ones I can find are rated for no smaller than 6 AWG. We need them for lake aerator services that only require one 30 amp circuit with no future load anticipated. So basically we are installing 30 amp 240 volt services for them.
    Is there some reason you cannot have a short length of #6's attached to the lugs spliced to #10's?
    Bob

Me and my guys ran 10awg through meter bases for years on solar lease projects. They may have all been that same Cooper model. It never occurred to me that such a thing would be hard to find.