Sloped ceiling fan adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkgrady

A customer bought a ceiling fan for his family room. The fan box is on a slope that I estimate is about 50-55 degrees. The fan is a Harbor Breeze. The problem is that the adapter sold by that manufacturer has a slope limit of 45 degrees.

Does anybody make an adapter that will fit any manufacturers brand? Everything I found was specific to the manufacturers brand only.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
A customer bought a ceiling fan for his family room. The fan box is on a slope that I estimate is about 50-55 degrees. The fan is a Harbor Breeze. The problem is that the adapter sold by that manufacturer has a slope limit of 45 degrees.

Does anybody make an adapter that will fit any manufacturers brand? Everything I found was specific to the manufacturers brand only.

45 degrees seems to be the limit for all of the manufacturers.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
45 degrees seems to be the limit for all of the manufacturers.

I just found one on line for 60?

http://www.lumens.com/60-degree-slope-adapter-for-kichler-ceiling-fans-by-kichler-uu312938.html

uu312938

Last edited:

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Is it safe to assume a 1" od rod has 3/4" trade size threads?
I'm not certain there is any standard for downrod threads... and I don't work with ceiling fans in high enough numbers and frequency to even give you an experienced guess.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I have not seen a fan with 1" downrod so I wonder if they are giving the o.d. measurement. I looked at Kichlers site and those fans have 3/4" rods I am pretty sure of that- I would make a phone call first if I were you

Last edited:

John120/240

If you get really desperate you can decorate one of these to match!
http://www.garvinindustries.com/ele...re-covers-device-rings/swivel-fixture-hangers

From what I saw the Garvin product only works for 20 degrees from vertical.

Status
Not open for further replies.