Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surveillance camera 1200ft wire run

This is what we have onsite. You can see the pvc box is recessed into the pole base. There is a fiber media converter and transformer to support the camera. I believe this is the standard setup for these types of installs.

Here is a link to the curved carlon box.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...fbtNAG9I4jWoXQ

Nice, but the OP is working with existing I believe.

-Hal

Very nice. Ours are 24x24x8 boxes mounted on the pole.
    CIAO!

Ed N.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrafault View Post

This is what we have onsite. You can see the pvc box is recessed into the pole base. There is a fiber media converter and transformer to support the camera. I believe this is the standard setup for these types of installs.
    Looks like an Art 725 nightmare.. was it inspected ?
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

I would assume. I do not know as it was installed when I was 12.

I installed power and enclosures for cameras at two transit authority Park and Rides. The power was 480/120 transformers at each pole base (mounted on strut adjacent to an enclosure.) Primary and secondary fuses were in the pole base. The transformer fed a duplex receptacle in the enclosure.

All the XFMRs were on one breaker except one pole that we could not pull through the existing conduit. That camera was fed from the pole light circuit (lights had photocells at each head.)

Another contractor pulled new fiber to each pole. These conduits were installed at the original construction. The camera contractor inadvertently burned up several of our transformers by plugging their scissor lift into the converter enclosure duplex recept.

Thanks everybody. Im gonna have them figure out the cameras they are going to use first. Then run from there. There are 23 poles with 120v running up to lights won't that cause some interference with the low volt running next to it. It's a 4 inch square pole.

Huntington Beach, CA (19 Hrs. 22 Min. from Winged Horses)
    Quote Originally Posted by augie47 View Post
    Looks like an Art 725 nightmare.. was it inspected ?
    well, we have pictures here, and no shortage of talent.

we could have a poll on the pole.
    ~New signature under construction.~
    ~~~~Please excuse the mess.~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by haywire View Post
    Thanks everybody. Im gonna have them figure out the cameras they are going to use first. Then run from there. There are 23 poles with 120v running up to lights won't that cause some interference with the low volt running next to it. It's a 4 inch square pole.
    You can't run your camera wiring within the pole with the line voltage wiring!!

And that box that ultrafault posted is real nice BUT illegal the way it is configured. Like somebody said, an Article 725 nightmare.

-Hal
    Last edited by hbiss; 04-12-17 at 07:06 PM.