New member funny story

Status
Not open for further replies.

OherrenElectric

I'm a one man shop in Arizona. One of my customers is an H O A, in my travels around this senior, gated community I have observed a large quantity of underground fed utility (SRP) transformers that are leaking, have cracked conc. pads, or severe settling issues with high water rust marks from our monsoon seasons.

So being the diligent, caring, contractor that I am, I called in to the utility 18 transformers to be inspected.
This was about 5 months ago.

I recently called another transformer to the utility to be inspected, the troubleshooter came out while I was there, in the conversation with the troubleshooter I told him that I was the one that called in the transformer issue.

Here's the funny part, The troubleshooter said to me, Please stop calling in transformer issues, Everyone Hates you !!

With as straight of a face that I could do I said, Does this mean we can't be friends ?

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
I'm a one man shop in Arizona. One of my customers is an H O A, in my travels around this senior, gated community I have observed a large quantity of underground fed utility (SRP) transformers that are leaking, have cracked conc. pads, or severe settling issues with high water rust marks from our monsoon seasons.

So being the diligent, caring, contractor that I am, I called in to the utility 18 transformers to be inspected.
This was about 5 months ago.

I recently called another transformer to the utility to be inspected, the troubleshooter came out while I was there, in the conversation with the troubleshooter I told him that I was the one that called in the transformer issue.

Here's the funny part, The troubleshooter said to me, Please stop calling in transformer issues, Everyone Hates you !!

With as straight of a face that I could do I said, Does this mean we can't be friends ?

That's a hoot, but do you really want friends like that??

It's tough to maintain a diligent, caring aura when being seen with people that obviously are not.

Why does it seem that POCO personnel have no motivation for correction until total, catastrophic failure?

dfmischler

Occupation
Facilities Manager
Around here if you need to hold a utility's feet to the fire you will probably have to call the Public Service Commission. I'll bet you have an equivalent government authority down there. They're probably sitting in their office lonely and bored waiting for something to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.