Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for the lighting guys

Question for the lighting guys

I have a customer who is interested in lighting up the front of his building with some color changing LEDs they would need to be pretty bright. I don't think a tape would work he also wants some type of DMX controller. Has anyone done this before if so what products did you use or recommend.thanks

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Phillips has a good line.

http://www.colorkinetics.com/

#PrudentPrePlannigPreventsPissPoorPerformance

My church does this with DMX controlled flood lights, installed high and pointing down to wash the walls. 3 story building, works great
    Moderator-Washington State
    Ancora Imparo

Quote Originally Posted by luckylerado View Post
    Phillips has a good line.

http://www.colorkinetics.com/
    Can you control these with a DMX if so how and what do I need to make it work I never installed a DMX controller before

Quote Originally Posted by nickelec View Post
    Can you control these with a DMX if so how and what do I need to make it work I never installed a DMX controller before

I am not familiar with the entire line but they have several controller and interface options. Keypads and touchscreen mostly as far as I know more like PLC. Why limit to DMX?

#PrudentPrePlannigPreventsPissPoorPerformance

DMX is a common standard for theater lighting. Control of fixtures usually involves software running on a PC or iMAC into DMX interface hardware. DPRO is one software brand, but there are many others.

I just went to go look at the work he wants to install 5 wall washers with color changing LEDs that change at random any suggestions?

I should also mention that the area he wants to light is in-between windows and is about 3 feet wide

Inground? Wall Mount? How tall is the facade? You'll want to run with a narrow optic for whatever you end up choosing (ie, 15 degree beam spread or less because your wall is only 3'-0 wide). Lumenpulse works great but is the most expensive out of the manufacturers, but it's one of those things you get what you pay for. They have wall mount and in-grade options.

Lumenpulse - ingrade (wall mount is similar but it gives you an idea) http://www.lumenpulsegroup.com/produ...color-changing

Quote Originally Posted by tw1156 View Post
    Inground? Wall Mount? How tall is the facade? You'll want to run with a narrow optic for whatever you end up choosing (ie, 15 degree beam spread or less because your wall is only 3'-0 wide). Lumenpulse works great but is the most expensive out of the manufacturers, but it's one of those things you get what you pay for. They have wall mount and in-grade options.

Lumenpulse - ingrade (wall mount is similar but it gives you an idea) http://www.lumenpulsegroup.com/produ...color-changing
    It would need to be a wall mount