Pullbox questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldelectrician

From memory , The size of a junction box needed was due to the number and size of the conduit entering the box and the direction leaving the box . The 6 and 8 Rule , straight pull and right angle pull .

6x largest conduit + sum of other conduits in line for angle pull and 8x for the Straight pull .

Common sense as to conductor bending radius .

Don

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
BICSI standards (the telecom association) limit the max pulling tension to 25 pounds. And there is a minimum bending radius for the cables. Telephone cable and computer cable are not intended to be in a conduit system. Often conduit is used from the suspended ceiling down the wall to a mud ring.

donaldelectrician

BICSI standards (the telecom association) limit the max pulling tension to 25 pounds. And there is a minimum bending radius for the cables. Telephone cable and computer cable are not intended to be in a conduit system. Often conduit is used from the suspended ceiling down the wall to a mud ring.

I have been asked to install a 150' , 2" conduit for sat / cable tv in a hotel job before . If i needed a jct box , i would size it as to the 6 & 8 Rule , and larger if needed due to conductor properties .

Don

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.