Thread: Minnesota Journeyman's test revamped.

Minnesota Journeyman's test revamped.

I was told that minnesota's Journeyman's test has been significantly changed, and it is supposedly easier now. Has anybody on here taken the new test yet? Do the old study guides still help when studying for the new test format?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyman1 View Post
    I was told that minnesota's Journeyman's test has been significantly changed, and it is supposedly easier now. Has anybody on here taken the new test yet? Do the old study guides still help when studying for the new test format?
    I heard it's all multiple choice. I haven't heard more about the updated exam. You could always call DOLI Electrical and ask them. Maybe they have a study guide?

Here is the official study guide: http://www.dli.mn.gov/ccld/PDF/Licen...ationGuide.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by texie View Post

Thats been the the same since 2005

Thats been the the same since 2005
    The first page indicates that the format of the exam has been the same since 2005 but has been updated to the 2014 NEC as evidenced by the 2015 date on many of the pages. One would think that since this document is on the DOLI website that this is the most current information pertaining to the current exam. But maybe a call is in order to confirm that the document is the correct one.

Quote Originally Posted by texie View Post
    The first page indicates that the format of the exam has been the same since 2005 but has been updated to the 2014 NEC as evidenced by the 2015 date on many of the pages. One would think that since this document is on the DOLI website that this is the most current information pertaining to the current exam. But maybe a call is in order to confirm that the document is the correct one.
    i was told that the test was changed around January 2017. So even if is current to 2015 it wouldn't be the correct one, unless the test is still similar.

Also, just for laughs, are you incinuating that a government worksite would actually be up to date?