Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Detached Garage, EV charging

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Florida,USA
    Posts
    9
    I know our local utility and AHJ only allow one service per residential address. I have customers in the past that the garage forced a service upgrade on them. I would also make sure the EV vehicle charging needs. We have installed 50 amps for a Tesla and 20 amps for a Ford C-max.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    newburgh,ny
    Posts
    408

    Tax issue

    A guy I work with had a separate service installed in hisgarage, Come tax assessment he was assessed for commercial because of the sizeof the garage with “A SEPARATE SERVICE”. So have him check everything out, I would not of wanted to be the one to recommend it.
    A cowboy may get thrown , but they always get up and walk forward.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    5,445
    Quote Originally Posted by drcampbell View Post
    Dig a trench and put in a conduit big enough to accommodate the EV charger.
    That was my first thought also. Once I looked at the panel location I change my mind. Panel is located in the middle of the house on the ground floor. It would be hard to get out of the panel with a circuit now but because of other remodeling it would be possible. Once they close up the last of the sheetrock it will be impossible to add any more circuits without doing lots of sheetrock cutting and repairing. Whatever gets added to the panel gets added now for all practical purposes.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •