Thread: 125 amp Service Grounding

125 amp Service Grounding

My question is based on the 2008 electrical code. I have a question about grounding a service for a outbuilding. It will have no water supply to this building. The 125 amp service will be back to back. Should I run a ground from the meter base into the 125amp main service panel?
    And at what spot (meter base or Main Panel)should I bring the #6 ground wire to the ground rod. Thank you

From the meter to the interior panel: Phase conductors + grounded (neutral) conductor
    The grounding electrode conductor can connect to the neutral buss at the meter or in the panel as far as the NEC is concerned. The power co. may have a preference.
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

Is this service or feeder supplied?

(does it come from the utility or from load side of service disconnect at another building?)

Is it new or existing? There are some things that can differ depending on answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Is this service or feeder supplied?

(does it come from the utility or from load side of service disconnect at another building?)

Is it new or existing? There are some things that can differ depending on answer to that.
    good question... from his term "meter base ", I assumed service.
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by augie47 View Post
    good question... from his term "meter base ", I assumed service.
    Yet he also said "outbuilding" which leaves us with more questions on what is actually there.