Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concentric KO's

Quote Originally Posted by electricguy61 View Post
    I have found that drilling out the points, that connect one ko to the next size, using a ⅛" bit, helps tremendously. Not sure how better to describe what we do.
    Great tip!

Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min without traffic from winged horses.
    Quote Originally Posted by electricguy61 View Post
    I have found that drilling out the points, that connect one ko to the next size, using a ⅛" bit, helps tremendously. Not sure how better to describe what we do.
    I use my 3/8 unibit to do the same thing so if you are a little bit off you can drill one or two more steps.
    Once in a while you get shown the light
    In the strangest of places if you look at it right. Robert Hunter

For panel enclosures, I always specify that they do not have any knockouts. I much prefer to put the holes where I actually want them and not have to deal with the prepunched ones that really don't match up with any of the standard installation methods.
    Don, Illinois
    The code only applies to T&M work....it does not apply to contract work.

Quote Originally Posted by don_resqcapt19 View Post
    For panel enclosures, I always specify that they do not have any knockouts. I much prefer to put the holes where I actually want them and not have to deal with the prepunched ones that really don't match up with any of the standard installation methods.
    I couldn't agree more unless were running strictly MC cable to concealed panels (probably not an issue for you).

We have in the past ordered KO's only on one end of the panel so you could use it either with or without KO's by flipping it over which gives some flexibility depending on the installation.
    Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min without traffic from winged horses.
    Quote Originally Posted by don_resqcapt19 View Post
    Man oh man do I agree. I think it should be opt in for pre punched panels instead of opt out.
    Once in a while you get shown the light
    In the strangest of places if you look at it right. Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post
    I couldn't agree more unless were running strictly MC cable to concealed panels (probably not an issue for you).
    Not sure I know that the MC stuff is
    Don, Illinois
    The code only applies to T&M work....it does not apply to contract work.