Location help with range receptacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
Even though the directions specify flush mount, the drawing shows a working distance of 2.25" from the wall. Besides the stove sits on 4 legs so the bottom is open.

The drawings specify tight dimensions, but in reality you will have a bit more space than specified.

To each their own, I just don't gamble like that.:happyno:

If the manufacturer take the time to tell me I need a flush mounted receptacle I am going to believe they know what is best.

I don't want to be called back when the stove does not slide all the way into place. :happysad:

mark32

To each their own, I just don't gamble like that.:happyno:

If the manufacturer take the time to tell me I need a flush mounted receptacle I am going to believe they know what is best.

I don't want to be called back when the stove does not slide all the way into place. :happysad:

As usual I agree with iwire. Aside from that, I'm now entertaining the thought of just hardwiring this thing. Seems like it would eliminate, what may be, a more time consuming install going with the receptacle.

John120/240

As usual I agree with iwire. Aside from that, I'm now entertaining the thought of just hardwiring this thing. Seems like it would eliminate, what may be, a more time consuming install going with the receptacle.

Hardwire it if you want. My choice would be a cord & recptacle, so easy to plug it in & push the range back against the wall. To hardwire I would want at least 3ft if not 4ft of flex to allow enough room to get behind the range to make connections. Then you have to stuff all that flex somewhere.

mark32

Hardwire it if you want. My choice would be a cord & recptacle, so easy to plug it in & push the range back against the wall. To hardwire I would want at least 3ft if not 4ft of flex to allow enough room to get behind the range to make connections. Then you have to stuff all that flex somewhere.

Thanks Dave, decisions, decisions....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.