Marketing/Sales strategy, seminars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Guys im curious if any of you are aware of any marketing and sales strategy seminars or programs that are tailored specifically to our business? Or any good programs in the southeast that i should consider looking at?

We've got a good lighting maintenance division going right now, and I see potential for more growth. What I would really like is help in developing a strategy and a sales script.

I think any great sales program would work, its just tailoring it my particular business and developing something that can be duplicated by other employees that im most concerned with.

The business we have right now was cultivated from pre-existing customer relationships, so my feelings are that it was easier to develop that than if I were cold-calling on businesses. And I would really like to work with someone to feel more secure in my approach.

Thanks

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Jmho, but if the consultants who push their programs as ways to up your sales were any at it they would be a lot more money selling something other than their dubious advice.

cadpoint

You need to seek out and hire a;

pub?li?cist
?p?bl?s?st/
noun
1. a person responsible for publicizing a product, person, or company.

You have a vision to introduce your company and a plan to rehab their lighting.
I really can't think of a better person to contact.

They can present your idea's or phonic's to be presented in sales pitches, brochures,
IE handle the literature side, then tell you how to market your literature/ mailing!

They might have an initial consult fee, they might have a package deal, they might be part of an
ad agency, you might find a solo act, they probably have other connections that might be of use.

They and you should both sign a contract if your idea is that good and your comfortable
with their services!

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Well, I don't really want to do print ads/mailers.

I need someone to work with to organize and package the data and statistics into a more scripted, duplicable approach.

Just looking for ideas.

cadpoint

Ok, how about a Technical Writer ?

Maybe you need another forum all together?

Linkedin

Other than what the owner pushes here this place is really not that (IMO) chat friendly towards marketing of a company any real discussions of business matters; they just aren't presented, get pigeon holed, and or stirred toward the circular file.

electricguy

Guys im curious if any of you are aware of any marketing and sales strategy seminars or programs that are tailored specifically to our business? Or any good programs in the southeast that i should consider looking at?

We've got a good lighting maintenance division going right now, and I see potential for more growth. What I would really like is help in developing a strategy and a sales script.

I think any great sales program would work, its just tailoring it my particular business and developing something that can be duplicated by other employees that im most concerned with.

The business we have right now was cultivated from pre-existing customer relationships, so my feelings are that it was easier to develop that than if I were cold-calling on businesses. And I would really like to work with someone to feel more secure in my approach.

Thanks

Look over this guys page

http://www.servextra.com/

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I think you're right. I came to the wrong place.

you think that, hm?
you want business development?

start here:

http://www.ellenrohr.com/

do what she says, do the business plan, and if
you have the stones for it, call her and schedule time.

be forewarned; it works.

"As president of Benjamin Franklin, The Punctual Plumber, a home service company,
I helped grow the company from zero to $40 million in franchise sales and 47 locations
in less than 2 years. I am also the President of Zoom Drain and Sewer, LLC, a new
franchise company launching in Summer 2014."

Last edited:

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Thanks for the link electricguy. Fullthrotl, Im familiar with Ellen Rohr. I worked for an electrical service franchise also, and we still use that system. For the sake of brevity I'll just say that wasn't quite what I was looking for. After some phone calls though I think I have a handle on it; I at least feel better about what I am trying to do. When I said I came to the wrong place, it wasn't meant as a slight. This forum just isn't geared towards that, but I will drop a line here from time to time just to see if anyone is willing or able to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.