Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lights in small walk in freezer

Quote Originally Posted by ActionDave View Post
    Sahara Desert, Death Valley, inside a cooler; of the three I choose inside a cooler as the driest.
    How about a cooler located in Sahara Desert?

there are several mfgs of 4 ft or 8ft 2 lamp t-8 IP 66 luminares, most are poly carbonate and easy to install. I have seen them at the big box stores. jelly jar luminare with 100 W inc will be about 900 lumens, not very much light
    Moderator-Washington State
    Ancora Imparo

Inside freezer is not an issue with moisture but any penetration to outside freezer walls may be an issue with moisture. I've seen switch boxes full of ice

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wallyworld View Post
    Inside freezer is not an issue with moisture but any penetration to outside freezer walls may be an issue with moisture.
    Exactly. Yes.

See 300.7(A). In the case of a small walk in freezer, the opening and closing of the door will act as a bellows, to a degree, and exacerbate the movement of air in any raceway that penetrates the insulated enclosure of the freezer.
    Another Al in Minnesota

I use 4' LED vaportite fixtures; typically I'll have one penetration coming though the ceiling panel and either EMT for long runs or NMLFC for short loops between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Make sure conduits entering a refrigerator, or freezer are sealed or you will be back. Duct seal works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tom baker View Post
    there are several mfgs of 4 ft or 8ft 2 lamp t-8 IP 66 luminares, most are poly carbonate and easy to install. I have seen them at the big box stores. jelly jar luminare with 100 W inc will be about 900 lumens, not very much light
    Fluorescent is bad news for this. Normal T8 might never get to working temp in a freezer. This is where LED works well. Vapor tight or something designed for refrigeration is ideal.