I hope this was done off the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
A picture I just ran into on the internet.

Idle hands are the devil's workshop. :D

lDiR0tB.jpg

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
The guy did all that work and he, or someone else installs 2 outlets in a handy box with nm cable and no staple-- All he had to do was use a 2" nipple or something.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
I can appreciate that kind of work. No wires wrapping around or crossing over another, takes a special ingredient in a person's psyche to do that. With that said, here's what I see:

Looks as if the installer has a background in high end car audio electronics installs. I had my beginnings in car audio. Every screw head turns the same direction, every wire flat, no twists, insanely intricate planning. I like the effort.

I would not have used near that many staples to make the wires do that. And, his staples aren't going in perfectly straight lines where they run diagonally. Not bad, but if a guy's gonna take the time to do that, he should have used a straight edge to get his staples straight, OCD style

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
I hope there's some wood behind that wall and that all those staples aren't just in the drywall waiting to come out with a modest tug.
In my experience it's a pain to install staples in plywood where not backed by framing. Makes me wonder.
Where I'm from it wouldn't be allowed anyway.
The red might actually be orange 10/3.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
Looks like there are 49 cables going in that panel, I wonder how many twin breakers are in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.