Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Underground power to panel and ground wire by gas pipe

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Underground power to panel and ground wire by gas pipe

    We have a Underground electrical to the house and there is a ground wire by the gas pipe that is not connected.
    Should this be connected to gas pipe or a should there be a ground rod? ( this is a new house)

    Also I have will be installing a tower in back garden for ham radio I will gave a ground rod there. should this be bonded to house electrical ground?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Tennessee NEC:2008
    I would contact a local electrician for help. Sorry but we aren't allowed to help you.

    I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

    If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

    A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the button at the bottom left corner of the post.
    If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts