Thread: Combination photocell dimmer and motion sensor

Combination photocell dimmer and motion sensor

I'm looking for a stand alone sensor to control existing outdoor lights. I want the sensor to turn on the lights at dusk to a dim setting and activate to full brightness upon sensing motion. Any suggestions on where to find such a sensor?

NE (9.1 miles @5.07 Degrees from Winged Horses)
    Quote Originally Posted by Optionrob View Post
    I'm looking for a stand alone sensor to control existing outdoor lights. I want the sensor to turn on the lights at dusk to a dim setting and activate to full brightness upon sensing motion. Any suggestions on where to find such a sensor?
    Find an electrical wholesaler in your area. Mine all used to stock them. Maybe even one of the stores like Menards, Home Depot etc.

Read the post again...the dim to bright setting may be specific to a fixture control combination. We do not know what lamps you are using.
    Tom
    TBLO

Quote Originally Posted by Optionrob View Post
    I know they make a light with this feature. It's called "dual bright". It also is a dusk-to-dawn. It does just as you mentioned, it comes on at half brightness at dusk and full bright when motion is sensed. I do not know if the "dual bright" feature is sold as a stand alone unit.
    If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time!

NE (9.1 miles @5.07 Degrees from Winged Horses)
    A relay and some simple‚Äč timers could do the trick‚Äč. Now I could write a small PLC program. Do you want an HMI too?
    Tom
    TBLO