Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 4' tandem fixtures

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,458

    4' tandem fixtures

    Fixture only comes 4' but as you can see it's tandem mounted to be installed a long continuous.

    In the field would you put together 2 or 3 4' sections on the ground then install? It's installed in a recessed grid ceiling.
    The "thru" wiring for each 4' section should be the part of the fixture/ballast and not need to be provided, correct. I can just bring my feed to one entry point of the fixture.

    Any input on concerns/things to be aware of when installing these long lengths would be helpful. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	17520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	17521  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    32,585
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Fixture only comes 4' but as you can see it's tandem mounted to be installed a long continuous.

    In the field would you put together 2 or 3 4' sections on the ground then install? It's installed in a recessed grid ceiling.
    The "thru" wiring for each 4' section should be the part of the fixture/ballast and not need to be provided, correct. I can just bring my feed to one entry point of the fixture.

    Any input on concerns/things to be aware of when installing these long lengths would be helpful. Thanks.
    Are you saying the ballast/driver is in one section and it also drives lamps in the other section?

    I would think whatever goes between them is provided with the units

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,458
    Anyone else with input, thanks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    20,852
    Detail picture too small and lacking enough detail to determine.

    Got a cut sheet... make and model... link to info...
    I will have achieved my life's goal if I die with a smile on my face.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart $ View Post
    Detail picture too small and lacking enough detail to determine.

    Got a cut sheet... make and model... link to info...
    Ok, Ill try and get. So in general if you have a 4' fixture that is to be mounted in tandem to make up 20' length would you mount the 4' section individually in the ceiling and connect or install several section together on floor then install say a 12' section at once? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    32,585
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Ok, Ill try and get. So in general if you have a 4' fixture that is to be mounted in tandem to make up 20' length would you mount the 4' section individually in the ceiling and connect or install several section together on floor then install say a 12' section at once? Thanks
    Is this a surface mount "continuous row" capable linear fluorescent or equivalent LED luminaire?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Is this a surface mount "continuous row" capable linear fluorescent or equivalent LED luminaire?
    Recessed mount in grid ceiling....LED with integral driver.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    32,585
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Recessed mount in grid ceiling....LED with integral driver.
    Then how do you think you can put in a 12 foot section all at once if there is going to be a T bar at least every 4 feet?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Then how do you think you can put in a 12 foot section all at once if there is going to be a T bar at least every 4 feet?

    I don't know....but it's actually a grid ceiling with 8' spans of grid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •