Thread: Buss Duct Lockout?

Buss Duct Lockout?

Not sure that this exists, but I don't know how it doesn't yet. I'm looking for a buss duct lockout device. We have Buss Duct about 15' above the floor, and we use an insulated buss switch to turn on and off the disconnect but then I need to get a scissor lift from the other side of the building, to lock out the buss switch. I'm looking for something that could lockout the buss switch from the ground? In my mind a hot stick with a lockout hasp attached to the end and some articulating mechanisms in between. Has anyone ever seen something like this?

We hang the Salisbury Tagging Device on the switches with a lock-out tag attached to them . Its more of a safety issue to try to get into some areas to hang a actual lock . This is in our safety manual as a acceptable lock out tag out ...

Quote Originally Posted by Davebones View Post
    We hang the Salisbury Tagging Device on the switches with a lock-out tag attached to them . Its more of a safety issue to try to get into some areas to hang a actual lock . This is in our safety manual as a acceptable lock out tag out ...
    Do you have a part number for the Salisbury tagging device?

Quote Originally Posted by rhamblin View Post
    Do you have a part number for the Salisbury tagging device?
    https://www.salisburybyhoneywell.com..._and_covers/td
    I will have achieved my life's goal if I die with a smile on my face.