Viewing proposals for 2017 code changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
This is the schedule. A pdf of the FINAL should be available 7-17-15. Don't know if paper will be available. Documents for mid-cycle activities will probably also be posted.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Thanks. I got in. It is painfully slow to review online. Is there going to be any print form that is available?

You are finding it slow do you have a high speed connection? To me it's very fast except that you might need to scroll through all of the text of NFPA70 in the process. The search function is nice too.

shortcircuit2

You are finding it slow do you have a high speed connection? To me it's very fast except that you might need to scroll through all of the text of NFPA70 in the process. The search function is nice too.

Each proposal needs to be opened to read. That's what takes time. Also when you close the proposal it takes time to reload the whole ROP.

I'm just on a home computer with fios connection. Usually fast enough to do other tasks.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Each proposal needs to be opened to read. That's what takes time. Also when you close the proposal it takes time to reload the whole ROP.

I'm just on a home computer with fios connection. Usually fast enough to do other tasks.

Yes I see your point. I would guess that they will eventually have an online version of just the "proposals" but this is new territory (online system) for the NFPA.

shortcircuit2

The proposal opens quick. It takes me 20-30 seconds for my computer to reload the whole section with the proposals.

Why does it say at the top left of the page Closing Date for Public Input Submission is July 17, 2015? Is this a closing date for comments? old ROC?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
The proposal opens quick. It takes me 20-30 seconds for my computer to reload the whole section with the proposals.
Are you sure you didn't mean Article? They can take that long to load on my 'puter, but sections reload a lot quicker.

If you just want to see where the proposals are, load the Article. Then in another window (duplicate tab and drag to new window), use the left side index to hone in on the section to actually view proposals.

Why does it say at the top left of the page Closing Date for Public Input Submission is July 17, 2015? Is this a closing date for comments? old ROC?
That's the date for "Post Final First Draft for Public Comment", formerly ROP.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
You can download and save all of the public inputs as a PDF. It is a 4754 page file with one "public input" per page. This is just the raw inputs, no panel comments or action at this time. You will see that when the "first draft" is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.