Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sand Gas Line to bare metal

Quote Originally Posted by don_resqcapt19 View Post
    ... The CSST people took an end run and got rules in NFPA 54 to require that bonding, but not sure how many places actually adopt 54 as an enforceable document.
    But it's enforceable if the instructions say it has to be bonded other than by the connected electrical equipment, right?
    I'll never get there. No matter where I go, I'm always here.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart $ View Post
    But it's enforceable if the instructions say it has to be bonded other than by the connected electrical equipment, right?
    Not enforceable under the NEC and not required of the EC.

The responsibility is on the contractor who installed the product. If that contractor wants to pay me to do it, fine.
    Don, Illinois
    The code only applies to T&M work....it does not apply to contract work.

Michigan. It's a beautiful penninsula, I've looked around.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbiss View Post
    I'm surprised someone doesn't suggest that it is the ECs responsibility to provide the ground bond for telephone, cable and satellite too.

-Hal
    It is here. For several years now, every new service installed, and every service upgrade done has to have an intersystem bonding connector.
    Cheers and Stay Safe,

Marky the Sparky

Quote Originally Posted by K8MHZ View Post
    It is here. For several years now, every new service installed, and every service upgrade done has to have an intersystem bonding connector.
    That is not bonding the phone, satellite, etc. that is leaving a designated location for those installers to make their connection to the electrical system grounding network.

Michigan. It's a beautiful penninsula, I've looked around.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    That is not bonding the phone, satellite, etc. that is leaving a designated location for those installers to make their connection to the electrical system grounding network.
    I didn't say it was bonding. I was responding to 'providing a ground bond', which I took to be an IBC, which is more than a location, it is an actual connector.
    Cheers and Stay Safe,

Marky the Sparky

And in my experience cable installers do whatever they are told which does not include connecting to any IBC.

I have two drops on my house. One is connected to a ground strap on the conduit above the meter pan. The other ground block, mounted right below the first got connected to the GEC going to the ground rods. When I asked the cable guy why didn't he just loop one ground from one ground block to the other, he said there is a reason he does things that way. Ok then...

-Hal