Old Romex

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterTheNEC

CEO and President of Electrical Code Academy, Inc.
Occupation
CEO
boptrop....you are being facetious right...lol:angel:

All of the Nonmetallic-Sheathed Cable we make has an uninsulated equipment grounding conductor in it.....so it's fine.

FYI Geo...thats not the actual name of it...it's Nonmetallic-Sheathed Cable or NM Cable for short.

MasterTheNEC

CEO and President of Electrical Code Academy, Inc.
Occupation
CEO
What size is the grounding conductor as compared to the insulated conductors?
Then the question would have been...can i use this 12/2 with undersized equipment ground...not uninsulated equipment ground....;):slaphead:

It's all about how they ask the question.....I spend all day in my office answering code questions and for the life of me.....it always comes down to how they ask the question...lol

ceb58

Then the question would have been...can i use this 12/2 with undersized equipment ground...not uninsulated equipment ground....;):slaphead:

It's all about how they ask the question.....I spend all day in my office answering code questions and for the life of me.....it always comes down to how they ask the question...lol

Hi All,I have 250' 12/2 Romex with uninsulated ground ,can I still use it?
Geo

Looking at the OP's profile the question may be. Where do you plan on using it?

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician

People don't always ask the questions that need to be answered.

My answer is only based on the title of the post. While not asked, the issue needs to be addressed.

PeterOldGuy

New User
What is printed/embossed on the insulating jacket?

What is printed/embossed on the insulating jacket?

For a question like this, it would clarify matters if the OP would read the wire jacket and quote it exactly.

If the wire says Type 12-2 NMB with ground, that says it all. If the jacket is illegible its a whole different matter.

We are blessed with a super nice AHJ so it's easy to just call (he has an office hour each morning) so I would just run it by him. I understand that sometimes there is more of an adversarial relationship with authority but most folks respond to respectful inquiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.