Thread: How is the Dallas Market ?

How is the Dallas Market ?

1. Is business real cut throat in this area?
    2. Is it to saturated?
    3. What about the suburbs like towards Denton?
    4. Any special niches one should consider for this Market?
    5. What are you seeing for an average billable rate? I understand how to calculate rate based off overhead expense, so I don't need that lecture. And I know how to flat rate price.
    6. How about hiring guys? Seems like you cant find quality help these days.

Quote Originally Posted by lakecitieselectric View Post
    1. Is business real cut throat in this area?
    2. Is it to saturated?
    3. What about the suburbs like towards Denton?
    4. Any special niches one should consider for this Market?
    5. What are you seeing for an average billable rate? I understand how to calculate rate based off overhead expense, so I don't need that lecture. And I know how to flat rate price.
    6. How about hiring guys? Seems like you cant find quality help these days.
    I guess we have no Dallas contractors on this site.

Well there is that Jimmy Buffett song about Dallas that you may want to listen to.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

I'm a Dallas contractor (retired)....I can't speak for a service business like yours as I was in commercial construction.

I can say that it is absolutely exploding here. The housing market is crazy....new and used inventory are scarce. They can't build them fast enough.
    New home and mult-family construction are still very competitive, as they seem to be dominated by the use of sub-crews, which is tough to compete.
    Commercial work is plentiful, but competitive (as it has been forever), and there are many really good, well established EC's that have the confidence of GC's to get these projects done.
    Not a very good environment to break in new subs.
    I'm just scatter shooting some thoughts based on experience and observation since retiring.
    I do know it's booming....and so is all of Texas.
    If you're a good electrician/contractor, I have no doubt there is a niche, an area, a city here that you could thrive in

Good luck...

I can only imagine how much bigger the economic boom will be in Texas if NY actually enacts the single payer health coverage law that is on the cusp right now.

There are lots of other things that make some states very friendly right now.

Sadly, Illinois is in the dumper. Probably not a good place to come to. Or Puerto Rico.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by petersonra View Post
    I can only imagine how much bigger the economic boom will be in Texas if NY actually enacts the single payer health coverage law that is on the cusp right now.

There are lots of other things that make some states very friendly right now.

Sadly, Illinois is in the dumper. Probably not a good place to come to. Or Puerto Rico.

are you saying that people will flee NY to come pour into Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by cdslotz View Post
    are you saying that people will flee NY to come pour into Texas?
    The economic climate in Illinois is so bad that Illinois is losing people every year to surrounding states where things are much better. It wouldn't surprise me if one or two large companies left New York City and went to Texas. That would be a huge deal. The Texas economy is already booming. It's kind of natural for people to leave places that are dying and move someplace that's doing better. Not everybody is willing to up and move just for a better economic environment but enough are to make a difference.
    Bob

A lot of folks immigrating her to Va. from all NE states, especially Joisey.
    Mt. Falls, Va.
    "Not a sermon, just a thought"
    A licensed electrically-related individual