Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antenna standoffs for service riser

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    What about clearance at the termination of the conduit at the corner? It would be about 8 ft from the porch floor.
    If you mean at the new point of attachment at the corner of the house, take it up to about 12' above the deck. The service drop drip loop supposed to be not less than 10' above platforms.

If you happen to mean the existing conduit, the LB gets connected to it. Not sure what size conductors those are, so don't know if you can splice in the LB, or an upsized LB. If not you may have to pull new conductors.

Unsure about your local amendments, but under the NEC as is, you could run SE cable all the way from the new point of attachment to the service equipment.
    I'll never get there. No matter where I go, I'm always here.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Since I'd be using an LB, I suppose I could just turn up with another 90 at that corner like in this photo.
    On reply page when you posted this...
    I'll never get there. No matter where I go, I'm always here.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart $ View Post
    If you happen to mean the existing conduit, the LB gets connected to it. Not sure what size conductors those are, so don't know if you can splice in the LB, or an upsized LB. If not you may have to pull new conductors.

Unsure about your local amendments, but under the NEC as is, you could run SE cable all the way from the new point of attachment to the service equipment.
    Existing conductors too small; I will have to pull new. Didn't know I could use SE cable. That's interesting. I'll have to give it some thought.