Thread: Pool Light PVC

Pool Light PVC

What is everyone's thought on the pool guys running the black pvc from the pool lights? I think it is a no go but they tell me they do it all the time. This is for a through wall 12v LED pool light that is UL listed and screws into a pool pvc fitting. I believe no matter what type of light it is, it needs to go back to a listed pool light box before it goes anywhere else per 680.24. Attached is a picture with the large white 90 being for the pool light
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by GoldDigger; 05-19-17 at 01:03 PM. Reason: fixed spelling in title

not listed not legal.
    Unlimited Electric Contractor/Standard Electric Inspector/Traffic Signal Inspector/Highway Lighting and Level One Traffic Signal Installer.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavie View Post
    not listed not legal.
    I don't know why you say not listed. The OP said it is a listed product. If installed as per instructions???

He said the light was listed. Reference here is for the PVC 90 and black tube
    Moderator-Washington State
    Ancora Imparo

Does it contain a cable assembly?

Quote Originally Posted by peter d View Post
    Does it contain a cable assembly?
    yes, there is a 2 wire cord. Not sure if the cord has a specific listing or not. I don't know if you could consider this supplement protection or not. I might call manufacture to see what they say. The only reason I didn't was they are out of Australia