Treehouse Electric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cletis

I was sitting here watching treemasters on animal planet and of course started thinking about the electic.Was curious if any of you have wired a treehouse to code?

Arc Faults if they make a sleeping bedroom in it ?
GFCI's Everywhere ?
Is it a dwelling ?
How do you mount the feeder that goes up to it knowing that the trees will move?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I think you should contact these people for help. You must really be bored tonite Cletis

ry%3D400

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
From the picture, trying to get this old inspector with bad legs up those stairs might be the biggest challenge.
"Lower the rope so I can attach this "approval" tag ":D

PetrosA

I noticed the lettering looks Japanese, then I saw that the spiral staircase doesn't appear to have a handrail. I've heard that they don't have that kind of safety stuff in Japanese building codes, so who knows what they'd expect for electrical...

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Does photoshopped come to mind?

That was a suspicion I had. Heck no telling what is real on the web. Are you really from across the pond? Are you really a male? :lol:

There is a whole bunch of houses that are bizarre. When my daughter was in southeast asia she sent poics back of some very weird homes. This was not one of them. I'll see if I still have them. At jiffy lube now so it may be a while not a jiffy. :D

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
I searched up and down the web and could not find any website that could state where that home was located. There were many sites with that home and others but they appear to be bogus.

Besoeker

That was a suspicion I had. Heck no telling what is real on the web. Are you really from across the pond? Are you really a male? :lol:
No!!! I'm not from across the pond. YOU are!!
:p

Male?
I'll leave to my wife to vouch for that.

But, slightly more seriously, you do have a valid point. Any sort of junk can be claimed on the net.
How can you be certain that I'm not a lady boy from Bangkok (an aptly named place if ever there was one) or a world famous F1 driver. Or both?

Rhetorical but I'll answer it anyway. I'm neither and I don't for a moment think I could convince otherwise you on either count.

So you'll just have take me for what I am on the basis of what I post here...............a grumpy old bar steward with a bit of electrical knowledge, enough to fry a cat, and a sense of humour that doesn't translate well.
WYSIWYG,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
....So you'll just have take me for what I am on the basis of what I post here...............a grumpy old bar steward with a bit of electrical knowledge, enough to fry a cat, and a sense of humour that doesn't translate well.
WYSIWYG,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D
Don't feel compelled to believe that your sense of humour gets lost in translation necessarily.

Based on personal experience I have found that truly great humour is often unrecognized.

Besoeker

Don't feel compelled to believe that your sense of humour gets lost in translation necessarily.

Based on personal experience I have found that truly great humour is often unrecognized.
Yes, I'm sure you're right. It isn't just across an ocean. The physical one that is.

JDB3

Inspection? One town that I worked in, the inspectors had a special tool. There was an arrow suspended from the ceiling with a "green" (passed inspection) tag on it. Notation pointing to arrow: "for rainy days" ! :D

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
This one is real. My daughter took this pic in Vietnam. It is the dalat crazy house

Here is a video if your interested

Here is the house
ry%3D400

Status
Not open for further replies.